Rooftop Stories

Remember the 90s when it was cool to hang out at Saudia City?



Wearing my Skechers sneaks and one of my brothers' Adidas shirts, hanging out at a rooftop or two with a bunch of friends who were, come to think of it, not REALLY my friends at the time. I wanted desperately to hang out with my older brothers and THEIR cool friends, them with their cool lingo and crumpled Marlboro soft-packs and worldly stories.

Years later, post-adolescence, I come here to visit old friends and family, do an hour-long run, or like today, just wander the streets with the boys (and Mariam!) with new friends and family.

I'm such a grandmaw. 

Comments

  1. Ah the good old days. Saudi City, the place where I went to play basketball with my boys, hangout at Star Market, and then go home. I hadn't experienced rooftopping. That sounds nice. Like something Batman does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I remember when it was cool! I lived it!!! It's so dull now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.