Laundry Life.



So I'm watching this Ne-yo track, right? And it's like, a feel-good song. Enjoy your life, etc. I love it. I love champagne. Who doesn't?

But I can't relate to this song. Or music video.

Not when I'm doing my laundry at 4am. In my parents' home. In Jeddah. Without champagne. On my birthday. Not at a party somewhere. Kicking it. Living it. Enjoying it.

I'm just enjoying my life right here, throwing my white sneakers in the washing machine, with my denim bag, with my belts, and I listen to the washer make these awful sounds like someone's lifeless corpse is in there banging against the machine's walls.

Yes, it was a beautiful day
It's gone be a beautiful night
Break out the champagne
Everybody get a glass
Let's start it off sexy

- Ne-yo. Champagne Life.


Oh, yeaaaah.

*turns up the dryer*

Can't wait to enjoy that freshly laundered batch.

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.