Confidence.


There comes a time in your little diet when you start to feel confident. It could be because of several reasons; maybe now your clothes have start to become loose, maybe people have started to take notice of some weight loss, maybe you're getting more attention from the opposite sex, or maybe, like me, you just feel like you can do anything after you've survived at least a couple months of (almost) daily exercise.

Whatever the reason is, it is at this exact moment that you start to think: "You know what, fuck it. Really, I don't need exercise. I'm confident, in whatever shape or form."




Simply put, you become LAZY.

I've always expected to reach this point. I just never thought it would be this soon. I will forgive myself for this little failure, and will take a small vacation from all that working out.

Exercise resumes on Thursday.


Comments

  1. The trick is to view exercise, and health in general, as a life style change and not something restrictive. Done correctly you start to appreciate the great things it brings about. Better fitting clothes, more confidence and most importantly, your body actually starts to feel better. Stick with it and one day you'll find that not Exercising actually feels worse and you'll crave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. ganyang ganyan din ako eh. and when the amount you lost rebounds, it makes matters worse. and then you'd start all over again, promise that this time around you'll take it seriously... and the cycle begins. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ... couple of months of (almost) daily exercises; you should be proud, that's impressive.
    Just fon't allow the postponing game to begin, try to force yourself into it till the moment your daily exercise becomes more of a habit.

    Good Luck ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANONYMOUS: While I agree with everything you said, I'm afraid it's gonna take another couple months of psychology and self-pep-talking to sneak in the idea of it being a "lifestyle change". So, to avoid the "WHAT? YOU MEAN I'LL HAVE TO DO THIS SHIT FOREVER?" reaction, I think the best solution is to take everything slow. Be forgiving, and remember to always get back on it.

    AI: Haha, totoo! Ang pinaka-importante dito is that you GET BACK ON THE BANDWAGON. Kahit ano pa ang nangyari. :)

    ANEYEONSAUDI: Thank you! It's REALLY HARD WORK, I can't explain that enough, especially for someone as lazy as I am, so if only for that, I AM proud. I've learned to forgive myself for failing, so that I can promptly go back. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.